In order for North Wood Group Practice to effectively reduce the risk of contracting and spreading coronavirus among the service users and staff members the Practice is implementing a change in all clinicians appointments booking system till further notice. Please note: All appointments will now take place at Crown Dale until further notice.
A clinical telephone triage service is being introduced to reduce the risk to patients, staff and visitors and minimize any unnecessary activity. That means a GP will call you to deal with you query over the phone first. Please do not attend the surgery unless deemed absolutely necessary.
If you need to request your repeat medication please visit /request-a-repeat-prescription/ with your request or use your patient access.
Please note: We are processing requests as normal and not authorising prescriptions early / allowing patients to stock up. If you are requesting medications that you have not had in a long time or you need a review before they can be issued – we will arrange our Practice Pharmacist to call you to discuss your request.
For medical certification from absence of work related to the Covid-19 pandemic –
To get an isolation note please use: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
- Clinician may contact you from a withheld number therefore, please answer any blocked numbers if you are expecting a call.
- If a clinician cannot deal with your issue over the phone but they decide it is appropriate for you to come in after the telephone triage then you will be invited for a face to face appointment when appropriate.
- Nurses appointments have also been affected now and they will only provide necessary care like: wound care, baby immunisations, contraceptive / depot injections & urgent blood test requests.
- The Youth Clinic will be managed via the telephone only therefore, please book a telephone appointment and do not attend the surgery.
- The Walk in clinics which run on Mondays and Fridays are suspended till further notice. This will now be a telephone triage service only.
- The receptionists will ask you a reason for your telephone appointment when booking in.
- Face to Face appointment online booking service is now suspended till further notice.
- Your telephone triage appointment can be booked on the phone or online via the Patient Online Access.
- Patients can still use E-consultations via our website.
- If you are concerned over the coronavirus please look at NHS official guidance which is updated regularly: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms that include:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
- Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days
- If you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.